Monday, April 7, 2014

60 years of Love


About a month ago, I had an opportunity to sit with my sister and my husband and listen to my grandfather reminisce about his love for my grandmother. He claims it was love at first sight. The moment he saw her he knew he would marry her and they would grow old together!  The memories flooded to him of the first time he saw my grandmother, when he asked her out, and some trying times of when they were first married. 
 
Listening to him remember ever detail is something that I’ll always hold dear to my heart. What an extraordinary love. A love that was hard, challenging, deep, and is still carrying on! They now have been married for almost 60 years!  What a testimony to what a relationship can handle. He believes that my grandmother is his one and only love and that only through faith in God has their love has survived. In a current day where divorce is high and commitment to marriage is lacking it is refreshing and a good reminder that a marriage and a relationship focused on God will prevail. 

My grandfather has always been honest about how their relationship grew through the years. He said some years went by very slow, it was challenging, and they had their struggles. Some years flew by - however, even thru the struggles they stuck together and did not give up. Now almost 60 years later, 5 kids, over 15 grandchildren, and 5 great grandchildren their love has multiplied!
 
Seeing their love throughout my life has been inspirational. May this be a pleasant and realistic reminder that love exists, conquers, and preservers. Even in today's society.

He who pursues righteousness and love finds life, prosperity and honor. Proverbs 21:21

 Have faith,

Graceful Mrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment