Saturday, May 17, 2014

DIY Picture Coasters


I first made a set of these coasters for my Mom as a Christmas gift. I got the idea off Pinterest and it looked easy enough to try. I picked 4 family pictures ranging from when my sister and I were young till recent. It was a great hit and my mom loved them! This project can be completed in about 1 hour and it so easy!

For today's coasters I am making them for our family room so I chose a simple Monogram Image.

Supplies:
 -Scissors
-Cardstock or Computer Paper
- Mod Podge
- Medium paint brush
- 4x4 cork coasters / tiles / wood tiles
*You can use a variety of materials as the base of the coaster. I have used cork boards and wood tiles. Both were easy and cheap!*

 

1.) Pick your picture or image that you would like on your coaster. Print on cardstock or computer paper. (Either will work!)



2.) Trace coaster around picture. Cut out Image.

 
 
3.) Apply a good layer of Mod Podge to the top of your coaster. Be sure to get the corners. The Mod Podge dries clear so don't worry if it gets on the edges.

 
4.) Immediately place picture on top of coaster and apply Mod Podge - smooth out. Then apply thin layer of Mod Podge on top of the image. Let dry for a couple of minutes.


 
5. After the top layer of Mod Podge dries you can apply the second and third layers of Mod Podge. Remember to let dry  for a couple of minutes between each layer of Mod Podge.

**You can apply as many layers of Mod Podge as you desire. The more layers the stronger the coasters become**

Your done!!


Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God's grace in its various forms.    1 Peter 4:10  


I hope you had fun with this project! Have a wonderful week!

Have faith,

Graceful Mrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment